Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
Table of Cases
A Note to Users of This Text
Educational Governance: Sources of Law and the Courts
1. EDUCATIONAL GOVERNANCE: SOURCES OF LAW AND THE COURTS
Sources of Law
The American Judicial System
2. SCHOOLS AND THE STATE
Religion in the Schools
Use of Facilities
Aid to Nonpublic Schools
3. STUDENTS AND THE LAW
Freedom of Expression
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (Buckley Amendment)
Suspension, Expulsion, and Disciplinary Transfer
Search of Students and Lockers
Pregnancy, Parenthood, and Marriage
Participation in Extracurricular Activities
School Punishment for Out-of-School Offenses
4. TEACHERS AND THE LAW
Nonrenewal and Dismissal
Freedom of Expression
Teacher as Exemplar
5. SCHOOL DESEGREGATION
Early Desegregation in the South
Desegregation in the Non-Southern States
Recent Desegregation Issues
6. INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND THE LAW
The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act
The Americans with Disabilities Act
7. SCHOOL FINANCE and SCHOOL CHOICE ISSUES
School Finance Reform
8. EDUCATOR AND SCHOOL DISTRICT LIABILITY
General Principles Underlying Educator Liability
Liability under State Law
Liability under Federal Law
APPENDIX A–Analyzing a Court Decision
APPENDIX B–An Introduction to Research in School Law
APPENDIX C–The Constitution of the United States of America-Edited
APPENDIX D–Statutory Material
Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978
Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
Age Discrimination in Employment Act Amendments of 1986
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974
Equal Access Act of 1984
Civil Rights, 42 U.S.C. § 1981-1983
Chapter 92 of the Massachusetts Acts of 2010
An Act Relative to Bullying in Schools