Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. Animal Contribution to Human Needs
2. Overview of the Livestock and Poultry Industries
3. Red Meat Products
4. Poultry and Egg Products
5. Milk and Milk Products
6. Wool and Mohair
7. By-Products of Meat Animals
8. Market Classes and Grades of Livestock, Poultry, and Eggs
9. Visual Evaluation of Market Animals
11. Artificial Insemination, Estrous Synchronization, and Embryo Transfer
13. Genetic Change through Selection
14. Mating Systems
15. Nutrients and Their Functions
16. Digestion and Absorption of Feed
17. Providing Nutrients for Body Functions
18. Growth and Development
20. Adaptation to the Environment
21. Animal Health
22. Animal Behavior
23. Issues in Animal Agriculture
24. Beef Cattle Breeds and Breeding
25. Feeding and Managing Beef Cattle
26. Dairy Cattle Breeds and Breeding
27. Feeding and Managing Dairy Cattle
28. Swine Breeds and Breeding
29. Feeding and Managing Swine
30. Sheep and Goat Breeds and Breeding
31. Feeding and Managing Sheep and Goats
32. Horse Breeds and Breeding
33. Feeding and Managing Horses
34. Poultry Breeding, Feeding, and Management