Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Dr. Roger S. Dow is Director of the Reading Clinic and the Graduate Reading Program at Frostburg State University where he has taught for over 30 years. Prior to coming to Frostburg, Dr. Dow received his Ph.D. from The Ohio State University in reading and in psychology. He is an active member of the International Reading Association, with varied interests in linguistics and foreign languages as they relate to English.
Dr. G. Thomas Baer is Emeritus Professor in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction at Illinois State University where he has taught for over 35 years. During his tenure, he has served as Elementary Education Coordinator, Department Chair, and instructor of elementary education courses specializing in reading instruction.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Practice
2. Phonics Pretest
Chapter 2: Practice
Cumulative Review: Chapters 1-2
3. Phonics Vocabulary and Phonemes
Consonant Phonemes-Pronunciation Key
Chapter 3: Practice
Cumulative Review: Chapters 1 to 3
4. Emergent Literacy and Phonics
Visual Discrimination Exercises
Auditory Awareness Exercises
Auditory Discrimination Exercises
Chapter 4: Practice
Cumulative Review: Chapter 1 to 4
5. Phonic Generalizations
Chapter 5: Practice
Cumulative Review Chapters 1 to 5
6. Teaching Consonants and Vowels
Consonant Blends (Clusters)
Short-Long Vowel Sounds
Teaching Vowels Through Phonograms
Chapter 6: Practice
Cumulative Review: Chapters 1 to 6
7. Syllabication and Accenting
Chapter 7: Practice
Cumulative Review: Chapters 1 to 7
8. Diagnostic Teaching
General Principles of Diagnosis
Procedures for Diagnosing Phonics Skills
Informal Reading Inventory
Chapter 8: Practice
Cumulative Review: Chapters 1 to 8
9. Phonics Post-Test
Fill in the Blanks
Appendix: Answer Key
References and Resources