Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Jody Azzouni is Professor of Philosophy at Tufts University. He is the author of Deflating Existential Consequence (OUP, 2004), Tracking Reason (OUP, 2006), and Talking about Nothing (OUP, 2010).
Table of Contents
1. The experience of understanding expressions
2. Illusions of meaning
3. The phenomenological what is said
4. The experienced distinction between what is said and implicated content
First Methodological Interlude: Special Sciences and Evidence
5. Strict content
Second Methodological Interlude
7. The use and misuse of communicative intentions: Grand-style neo-Griceanism
8. Opportunistic applications of posited communicative intentions
9. Artificial extensions of natural language