Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Miriam T. Griffin is Emeritus Fellow of Somerville College, Oxford.
Table of Contents
Part One: The Subject Matter of De Beneficiis
1. Cicero and Seneca
2. De Beneficiis and Philosophy
3. De Beneficiis and Roman Society
Part Two: Seneca's Treatise
4. The Date and Addressee
5. The Title
6. The Structure
7. The Paedagogic Strategy
8. De Beneficiis and Seneca's other Philosophical Works
9. The Afterlife of De Beneficiis up to the Renaissance
Part Three: A Map of De Beneficiis
Synopsis of Book 1
Notes to Synopsis of Book 1
Synopsis of Book 2
Notes to Synopsis of Book 2
Synopsis of Book 3
Notes to Synopsis of Book 3
Synopsis of Book 4
Notes to Synopsis of Book 4
Synopsis of Book 5
Notes to Synopsis of Book 5
Synopsis of Book 6
Notes to Synopsis of Book 6
Synopsis of Book 7
Biographical Notes on Persons in De Beneficiis