What is included with this book?
CENGIZ HAKSEVER (Lawrenceville, NJ), Professor of Operations Management at Rider University, has published in several leading journals, including International Journal of Information and Management Sciences and European Journal of Operational Research. He co-authored Service Management and Operations.
BARRY RENDER (Winter Park, FL) is Charles Harwood Distinguished Professor of Management Science at the Roy E. Crummer Graduate School of Business, Rollins College. He has taught at GWU, BU, and George Mason, where he chaired the Decision Science Department. He has worked for GE, McDonnell Douglas, and NASA. His ten textbooks include Operations Management, Service Management, and Introduction to Management Science.
1. The Important Role Services Play in an Economy
2. The Nature of Services and Service Encounters
3. Customers: the Focus of Service Management
4. Globalization of Services
5. Service Strategy and Competitiveness
6. Ethical Challenges in Service Management
7. Technology and Its Impact on Services and Their Management
8. Design and Development of Services and Service Delivery Systems
9. Service Supply Chains and Their Management
10. Locating Facilities and Designing Their Layout
11. Managing Demand and Supply in Services
11A. Supplement - Queuing and Simulation
12. Service Quality and Continuous Improvement
12A. Supplement - Tools and Techniques of Total Quality Management
13. Service Productivity and Measurement of Performance
14. Management of Public and Private Nonprofit Service Organizations
15. Forecasting Demand for Services
16. Vehicle Routing and Scheduling
17. Project Management
18. Linear and Goal Programming Applications for Services19. Service Inventory Systems