Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
THE definitive book for food safety training and certification
With its comprehensive coverage of key food safety concepts, the ServSafe® Coursebook will completely prepare readers for the ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Exam, and, more importantly, it will promote adherence to food safety practices in the workplace. It is the ideal solution for the academic setting, multiple-day training, or individuals in need of more extensive food safety training.
Food safety has never been more important to the restaurant industry and its customers. Based on the 2013 FDA Food Code, the ServSafe Coursebook focuses on the preventative measures to keep food safe. The content in the ServSafe Coursebook goes beyond the principles found in the ServSafe Manager Book and adds greater depth and breadth of food safety practices by featuring expanded sections on food defense, high-risk populations, active managerial control, and crisis management. Food safety topics are presented in a user-friendly, practical way with more real-world case studies and stories to help readers understand the day-to-day importance of food safety.
Developed by the industry, for the industry, ServSafe® is a proven way to minimize risk and maximize protection for foodservice owners, employees, and customers. Recognized as the industry standard, ServSafe offers a complete suite of printed and online products and is the most important ingredient to food safety training and certification success.
The ServSafe Coursebook is available packaged with MyServSafeLab™. MyServSafeLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
The ServSafe Coursebook 6th Edition is available packaged in a number of ways to suit your specific needs. ISBN: 0133883604 is the stand-alone book: ServSafe Coursebook 6th Edition
- A package containing thebook and the answer sheet for the pencil/paper version of the ServSafe Food Protection Manager exam: ServSafe Coursebook with Answer Sheet 6th Edition ISBN:0133883507
- A package containing the book, the answer sheet for the pencil/paper version of the ServSafe Food Protection Manager exam,AND MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText Access Card: ServSafe Coursebook with Answer Sheet, Revised Plus NEW MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 6/e ISBN: 0133962733
- A package containing the book and online exam voucher: ServSafe Coursebook with Online Exam Voucher 6th Edition ISBN: 0133883515
- A package containing the book, online exam voucher, AND MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText Access Card: ServSafe Coursebook with Online Exam Voucher, Revised Plus NEW MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 6/e ISBN: 0133962725
Students, if interested in purchasing this title with MyServSafeLab, ask your instructor for the correct package ISBN. MyServSafeLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to fulfilling the educational mission of the National Restaurant Association. As the nation's largest private sector employer, the restaurant and foodservice industry is the cornerstone of the American economy, of career-and-employment opportunities, and of local communities. Focusing on three key strategies of risk management, recruitment, and retention, the NRAEF is the premier provider of educational resources, materials, and programs, which address attracting, developing and retaining the industry’s workforce. For more information on the NRAEF, visit www.restaurant.org .
Table of Contents
Chapter 2 Understanding the Microworld
Chapter 3 Contamination, Food Allergens, and Foodborne Illness
Chapter 4 The Safe Food Handler
Chapter 5 The Flow of Food: An Introduction
Chapter 6 The Flow of Food: Purchasing and Receiving
Chapter 7 The Flow of Food: Storage
Chapter 8 The Flow of Food: Preparation
Chapter 9 The Flow of Food: Service
Chapter 10 Food Safety Management Systems>br> Chapter 11 Safe Facilities and Equipment
Chapter 12 Cleaning and Sanitizing
Chapter 13 Integrated Pest Management
Chapter 14 Food Safety Regulation and Standards
Chapter 15 Staff Food Safety Training