Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
THE definitive book for food safety training and certification
Updated to the new 2013 FDA Food Code, the new ServSafe® Manager Book, Sixth Edition, continues to be ideal for courses that cover the basics, condensed courses, continuing education, and even 1-2 day seminars. The updated book will help readers prepare for the most current ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certification Exam, and more importantly, it will promote adherence to food safety practices on-the-job.
Food safety has never been more important to the restaurant industry and its customers. Based on the 2013 FDA Food Code, the ServSafe Manager Book focuses on the preventative measures to keep food safe. To better reflect the changing needs of a diverse and expanding workforce, food safety topics are presented in a user-friendly, practical way with real-world stories to help readers understand the day-to-day importance of food safety. The streamlined delivery of food safety content will create a learning experience that is activity-based and easily comprehended by a variety of learners. The end result is content that is more focused, leading to stronger food safety practices and a better-trained workforce.
Developed by the industry, for the industry, ServSafe® is a proven way to minimize risk and maximize protection for foodservice owners, employees, and customers. Recognized as the industry standard, ServSafe offers a complete suite of printed and online products and is the most important ingredient to food safety training and certification success.
The ServSafe Manager Book 6th Edition is available packaged in a number of ways to suit your specific needs. ISBN: 0133908372 is a package containing the book and the answer sheet for the pencil/paper version of the ServSafe Food Protection Manager exam: ServSafe Manager Book with Answer Sheet 6th Edition
- Stand-alone book: ServSafe Manager Book 6th Edition ISBN: 0133908399
- A package containing the book, the answer sheet for the pencil/paper version of the ServSafe Food Protection Manager exam,AND MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText Access Card: ServSafe Manager Book with Answer Sheet, Revised Plus NEW MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 6/e ISBN: 0134074432
- A package containing the book and the online exam voucher: ServSafe Manager Book with Online Exam Voucher 6th Edition ISBN: 013390847X
- A package containing the book, online exam voucher, AND MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText Access Card: ServSafe Manager Book with Online Exam Voucher, Revised Plus NEW MyServSafeLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card Package, 6/e ISBN: 0134074424
The ServSafe Manager Book is available packaged with MyServSafeLab™. MyServSafeLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Students, MyServSafeLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor. Instructors, contact your Pearson representative for more information.
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation (NRAEF) is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to fulfilling the educational mission of the National Restaurant Association. As the nation's largest private sector employer, the restaurant and foodservice industry is the cornerstone of the American economy, of career-and-employment opportunities, and of local communities. Focusing on three key strategies of risk management, recruitment, and retention, the NRAEF is the premier provider of educational resources, materials, and programs, which address attracting, developing and retaining the industry’s workforce. For more information on the NRAEF, visit www.restaurant.org .
Table of Contents
Chapter 2 Forms of Contamination
Chapter 3 The Safe Food Handler
Chapter 4 The Flow of Food: An Introduction
Chapter 5 The Flow of Food: Purchasing, Receiving, and Storage
Chapter 6 The Flow of Food: Preparation
Chapter 7 The Flow of Food: Service
Chapter 8 Food Safety Management Systems
Chapter 9 Safe Facilities and Pest Management
Chapter 10 Cleaning and Sanitizing