Author, Yuki Araki is one of the most recognized names in the growing sewing-for-children movement. The mother of two daughters, Araki has become a DIY sewing favorite because she knows what young girls want. They like to wear stylish clothes that also let them play with ease. Moms adore the relaxed aesthetic of Araki's simple mix-and-match play clothes and accessories, and young girls are happy wearing them because they're both cute and comfortable.
Best suited for girls from two to five years old, the sewing patterns in this Japanese sewing book are simple, casual, and look good on any girl. Araki provides westernized patterns in four sizes, plus diagrams and instructions for twenty-two pieces. Simple lines give kids room to move, and the classic styles look good on any frame.
Sewing designs include:
- Shoulder-tie camisole top and dress
- Classic smock shirt and dress
- Four variations of a basic elastic-waist skirt
- Shorts and easy-breezy kid-style leggings to pair with any top
- Button-front and pullover tops
- Adorable bucket hat