Not Yet Printed. Place an order and we will ship it as soon as it arrives.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the edition with a publication date of 5/29/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Sanjay Srivastava is Professor of Sociology, Institute of Economic Growth, University of Delhi.
Table of Contents
List of Abbreviations
Introduction, Sanjay Srivastava
1. Scripting Pleasures and Perversions: Writings of Sexologists in the Twentieth Century, Sanjam Ahluwalia
2. Wanton Women and Cheap Prints: Farces, Other Genres, and the Reading Publics in Colonial Calcutta, Hardik Brata Biswas
3. Beyond Equivalence: Body and Language in Family Courts, Srimati Basu
4. Bodies Gone Awry: The Abjection of Sexuality in Development Discourse in Contemporary Kerala, J. Devika
5. Queer Formations in (Hindu) Nationalism, Paola Bacchetta
6. Decriminalization as Deregulation? Logics of Sodomy Law and the State, Jyoti Puri
7. True Sex and the Law: Prostitution, Sodomy, and the Politics of Sexual Minoritization in India, Svati P. Shah
8. The Object of Attention: Same-sex Sexualities in Small Town India and the Contemporary Sexual Subject, Paul Boyce
9. Queering Subjectivities: On the Praxis of Outing Gender, Race, Caste and Class in Ethnographic Fieldwork, Diepiriye Kuku
10. Street, Footpath, Gated Community: On the Cultures of Indian Pornography, Sanjay Srivastava
11. Love Attacks: Romance and Media Voyeurism in the Public Domain, Christiane Brosius
12. But I Can't Carry a Condom! Young Women, Risk and Sexuality in the Time of Globalization, Shilpa Phadke
Notes on Contributors