Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
I. WORKING AS A WRITER.
1. Writers at Work.
2. Preparing to Write.
3. Making a Point.
4. Finding a Structure.
6. Revising, Editing, and Proofreading.
7. Evaluating Writing.
II. THINKING AND RESEARCH.
8. Reading Critically.
9. Writing Persuasively.
10. Planning Research.
11. Finding Information.
12. Evaluating and Using Sources.
III. DESIGNING DOCUMENTS AND WEB SITES.
13. The Process of Document Design.
14. Creating Documents and Web Sites.
15. Model Documents.
IV. PRODUCING WRITING.
16. Producing an MLA Paper.
17. Producing an APA Paper.
18. Producing a CMS Paper.
19. CBE Style.
20. COS Style.
21. Writing a Literary Analysis.
V. SHAPING LANGUAGE.
22. Making Choices about Language.
23. Writing Effective Sentences.
24. Shaping Effective Paragraphs.
VI. UNDERSTANDING GRAMMAR.
25. The Shape of Sentences.
26. Sentence Fragments, Comma Splices, Run-Ons.
27. Modifiers: Adjectives and Adverbs.
28. Subject-Verb Agreement.
29. Verb Tense, Voice, Mood.
31. Suggestions for ESL Writers.
VII. UNDERSTANDING PUNCTUATION AND MECHANICS.
32. End Punctuation.
34. Semicolons and Colons.
35. Quotation Marks and Ellipses.
36. Parentheses and Brackets.
37. Dashes, Hyphens, and Slashes.
38. Italics and Capitalization.
39. Apostrophes, Abbreviations, and Numbers.
40. Spelling, Dictionary, Thesaurus.
Glossary of Terms.
Glossary of Usage.