Covers SharePoint 2013, Office 365’s SharePoint Online, and Other Office 365 Components
In SharePoint 2013 Field Guide, top consultant Errin O’Connor and the team from EPC Group bring together best practices and proven strategies drawn from hundreds of successful SharePoint and Office 365 engagements. Reflecting this unsurpassed experience, they guide you through deployments of every type, including the latest considerations around private, public, and hybrid cloud implementations, from ECM to business intelligence (BI), as well as custom development and identity management.
O’Connor reveals how world-class consultants approach, plan, implement, and deploy SharePoint 2013 and Office 365’s SharePoint Online to maximize both short- and long-term value. He covers every phase and element of the process, including initial “whiteboarding”; consideration around the existing infrastructure; IT roadmaps and the information architecture (IA); and planning for security and compliance in the new IT landscape of the hybrid cloud.
SharePoint 2013 Field Guide will be invaluable for implementation team members ranging from solution architects to support professionals, CIOs to end-users. It’s like having a team of senior-level SharePoint and Office 365 hybrid architectureconsultants by your side, helping you optimize your success from start to finish!
Detailed Information on How to…
- Develop a 24-36 month roadmap reflecting initial requirements, longterm strategies, and key unknowns for organizations from 100 users to 100,000 users
- Establish governance that reduces risk and increases value, covering the system as well as information architecture components, security, compliance, OneDrive, SharePoint 2013, Office 365, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, and identity management
- Address unique considerations of large, global, and/or multilingual enterprises
- Plan for the hybrid cloud (private, public, hybrid, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Integrate SharePoint with external data sources: from Oracle and SQL Server to HR, ERP, or document management for business intelligence initiatives
- Optimize performance across multiple data centers or locations including US and EU compliance and regulatory considerations (PHI, PII, HIPAA, Safe Harbor, etc.)
- Plan for disaster recovery, business continuity, data replication, and archiving
- Enforce security via identity management and authentication
- Safely support mobile devices and apps, including BYOD
- Implement true records management (ECM/RM) to support legal/compliance requirements
- Efficiently build custom applications, workflows, apps and web parts
- Leverage Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)