Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Jens Hagendorff, Martin Currie Professor in Finance and Investment, the University of Edinburgh,Kevin Keasey, Professor of Accounting and Finance, Leeds University Business School,Francesco Vallascas, Associate Professor of Banking and Finance, Leeds University Business School
Jens Hagendorff is the Martin Currie Professor in Finance and Investment at the University of Edinburgh Business School. He has previously worked at the Financial Stability Department of The Bank of Spain, The University of Leeds, and he was also a visiting fellow at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta. Jens' work on European banking has been published in highly-rated international journals such as Review of Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking & Finance, and Journal of Financial Services Research.
Kevin Keasey is Professor of Financial Services, Director of the International Institute of Banking and Financial Services, and Head of the Accounting and Finance Department at the University of Leeds. He is the author of 12 books, monographs, and edited volumes on corporate governance, financial regulation and financial services, small firm finance and financial markets, and behavioural finance, and is the author of over 115 refereed articles in leading international journals and over 80 other publications (book chapters, reports, etc.).
Francesco Vallascas is Associate Professor of Banking and Finance at the University of Leeds. He teaches across a range of subjects in Banking and International Finance. Francesco has previously worked as a Lecturer in Financial Intermediation at the University of Cagliari and with the research centre of the European Commission on several research projects. Francesco' work on banking has been published in highly-rated international journals such as Review of Finance, Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking & Finance, Journal of International Money & Finance, and Journal of Financial Services Research.
Table of Contents
(II) SIZE IN BANKING
2. Bank Systemic Size and Systemic Crises
3. Increases in Size and Bank Default Risk: Evidence from European Bank Mergers
(III) RISK IN EUROPEAN BANKING
4. The Trends and Composition of Banking Risk across Europe
5. The Determinants of European Bank Exposure to Systemic Shocks
(IV) CORPORATE GOVERNANCE IN EUROPEAN BANKING
6. Board Monitoring, Regulation and Performance in the European Banking Industry
7. Executive Pay and Risk-taking in the European Banking Industry
8. Systemic Risk Potential and Opacity in European Banks