Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. The nature and process of social research
2. Social research strategies
3. Research designs
4. Planning a research project and formulating research questions
5. Getting started: Reviewing the literature
6. Ethics and politics in social research
7. The nature of quantitative research
9. Structured interviewing
10. Self-completion questionnaires
11. Asking questions
12. Structured observation
13. Content analysis
14. Secondary analysis and official statistics
15. Quantitative data analysis
16. Using SPSS for Windows
17. The nature of qualitative research
18. Sampling in qualitative research
19. Ethnography and participant observation
20. Interviewing in qualitative research
21. Focus groups
22. Language in qualitative research
23. Documents as sources of data
24. Qualitative data analysis
25. Computer-assisted qualitative data analysis: using NVivo
26. Breaking down the quantitative/qualitative divide
27. Mixed methods research: combining quantitative and qualitative research
28. E-research: Internet research methods
29. Writing up social research