Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Ideal for beginners, SOILS AND FOUNDATIONS, 8/e presents all essential aspects of soils and foundations in as simple and direct a manner as possible. Filled with worked examples, step-by-step solutions, and hands-on practice problems, it emphasizes design and practical applications supported by basic theory. Throughout, the authors promote learning through the extensive use of diagrams, charts, and illustrations. Coverage includes: engineering properties of soils: soil exploration, compaction, stabilization, and consolidation; water in soil; subsurface stresses; settlement of structures; shear strength; shallow and deep foundations; lateral earth pressure; retaining structures, and stability analysis of slopes. This edition's new coverage includes Pressuremeter and Dilatometer tests, water flow characterization with Bernoulli's Theorem, dewatering, uplift pressure on dams, and subsurface stresses caused by overlying soil masses.
Table of Contents
2. Engineering Properties of Soils
3. Soil Exploration
4. Soil Compaction and Stabilization
5. Water in Soil
6. Subsurface Stresses in Soils
7. Consolidation of Soil and Settlement of Structures
8. Shear Strength of Soil.
9. Shallow Foundations
10. Deep Foundations
11. Lateral Earth Pressure
12. Retaining Structures
13. Stability Analysis of Slopes
Answers to Selected Problems
Appendix: Conversion Factors