Only one copy
in stock at this price.
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
I. DEVELOPING PERSPECTIVE.
REVISED! 2. Discovering the Universe for Yourself.
REVISED! S1. Celestial Timekeeping and Navigation.
II. KEY CONCEPTS FOR ASTRONOMY.
4. A Universe of Matter and Energy.
REVISED! 5. Universal Motion: From Copernicus to Newton.
6. Light: The Cosmic Messenger.
REVISED! 7. Telescopes and Spacecraft.
III. LEARNING FROM OTHER WORLDS.
9. Planetary Geology: Earth and the Other Terrestrial Worlds.
10. Planetary Atmospheres: Earth and the Other Terrestrial Worlds.
11. Jovian Planet Systems.
12. Remnants of Rock and Ice: Asteroids, Comets, and Pluto.
REVISED! 13. Planet Earth and Its Lessons on Life in the Universe.
Appendix A: A Few Mathematical Skills.
Appendix B: The Periodic Table of the Elements.
Appendix C: Planetary Data.
Appendix D: Stellar Data.
NEW! Appendix E: Constants.
NEW! Appendix F: Key Equations.
NEW! Star Charts S-1.