Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Prepare for effective practice with the patient-oriented approach of Somatic Dysfunction in Osteopathic Family Medicine, Second Edition. This practical book covers diagnostic work-up, the clinical rationale for osteopathic manual techniques (OMT) for specific diseases and conditions, manipulative techniques for a variety of patient types (psychiatric, pediatric, obstetric, geriatric, and more), and procedures for common conditions encountered in family practice.
- Access expert, up-to-date information with the proven resource endorsed by the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians (ACOFP) and listed as a primary reference for test question writing by the National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners.
- Broaden your understanding with expert coverage of the philosophy and principles of osteopathic patient care—including patient empowerment, diagnosing somatic dysfunction, the manipulative prescription, viscerosomatic and somatovisceral reflexes, and psychoneuroimmunology.
- Take your learning beyond the book with videos available online.
- Prepare to work with a wide range of specific patient populations—psychiatric, pediatric, and obstetric patients as well as athletes, surgical patients, and patients at the end of life.
- Master procedures for treating conditions commonly encountered in family practice—otitis media, temporomandibular joint pain and dysfunction, upper respiratory infection, lower respiratory tract infection, hypertension, congestive heart failure, gastrointestinal problems, thyroid disease, Parkinson disease, Larson syndrome (functional vasomotor hemiparesthesia syndrome), fibromyalgia/chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain and headache, back pain from short leg syndrome and postural imbalance, back pain from postural decompensation in the sagittal plane, and scoliosis.
- Access practical information on office set-up, progress notes and coding, and the standardized medical record.