Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Expectations for College Writing
2. Rhetorical Situations
3. Exploring, Planning, and Drafting
4. Reviewing, Revising, and Editing
5. Developing Paragraphs
6. Working with Others
7. Analyzing Arguments
8. Thinking Critically about Visuals
9. Constructing Arguments
10. Preparing for a Research Project
11. Conducting Research
12. Evaluating Sources and Taking Notes
13. Integrating Sources into Your Writing
14. Acknowledging Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism
15. Writing a Research Project
16. MLA Style
17. APA Style
18. Chicago Style
19. CSE Style
20. Electronic Communication
21. Document Design
22. Special Considerations of Web Texts
23. Oral and Multimedia Presentations
24. Writing to the World
25. Language That Builds Common Ground
26. Language Variety
27. Word Choice
28. Dictionaries, Vocabulary, and Spelling
29. Grammatical Sentences
31. Subject-Verb Agreement
33. Adjectives and Adverbs
34. Confusing Shifts
36. Comma Splices and Fused Sentences
37. Sentence Fragments
38. Modifier Placement
39. Consistent and Complete Structures
40. Concise Writing
41. Coordination and Subordination
42. Sentence Variety
43. Memorable Prose
46. End Punctuation
48. Quotation Marks
49. Other Punctuation Marks
50. Capital Letters
51. Abbreviations and Numbers
55. Clauses and Sentences
56. Nouns and Noun Phrases
57. Verbs and Verb Phrases
58. Prepositions and Prepositional Phrases
59. Academic Work in Any Discipline
60. Writing for the Humanities
61. Writing for the Social Sciences
62. Writing for the Natural and Applied Sciences
63. Writing for Business
64. Essay Examinations