NOTE: Before purchasing, check with your instructor to ensure you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, and registrations are not transferable. To register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products, you may also need a Course ID, which your instructor will provide.
Used books, rentals, and purchases made outside of Pearson
If purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson, the access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included, may be incorrect, or may be previously redeemed. Check with the seller before completing your purchase.
This text is intended for either a one-semester accelerated introductory course or a traditional two-semester sequence covering C++ programming. It is also suitable for readers interested in a comprehensive introduction to C++ programming.
Tony Gaddis’s accessible, step-by-step presentation helps beginning students understand the important details necessary to become skilled programmers at an introductory level. Gaddis motivates the study of both programming skills and the C++ programming language by presenting all the details needed to understand the “how” and the “why”—but never losing sight of the fact that most beginners struggle with this material. His approach is both gradual and highly accessible, ensuring that students understand the logic behind developing high-quality programs.
In Starting Out with C++: From Control Structures through Objects, Gaddis covers control structures, functions, arrays, and pointers before objects and classes. As with all Gaddis texts, clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise and practical real-world examples, and an abundance of exercises appear in every chapter.
MyProgrammingLab for Starting Out with C++ is a total learning package. MyProgrammingLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams–resulting in better performance in the course–and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program presents a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It will help:
- Personalize Learning with MyProgrammingLab: Through the power of practice and immediate personalized feedback, MyProgrammingLab helps students fully grasp the logic, semantics, and syntax of programming.
- Enhance Learning with the Gaddis Approach: Gaddis’s accessible approach features clear and easy-to-read code listings, concise real-world examples, and exercises in every chapter.
- Keep Your Course Current: This edition introduces many of the new C++11 language features.
- Support Instructors and Students: Student and instructor resources are available to expand on the topics presented in the text.
Note: Starting Out with C++ from Control Structures to Objects with MyProgrammingLab Access Card Package, 8/e contains:
- ISBN-10: 0133769399/ISBN-13: 9780133769395 Starting Out with C++ from Control Structures to Objects , 8/e
- ISBN-10: 0133780619/ISBN-13: 9780133780611 MyProgrammingLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Starting Out with C++ from Control Structures to Objects, 8/e
MyProgrammingLab is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
Tony Gaddis is the principal author of the Starting Out With series of textbooks. Tony has nearly two decades of experience teaching computer science courses, primarily at Haywood Community College. He is a highly acclaimed instructor who was previously selected as the North Carolina Community College “Teacher of the Year” and has received the Teaching Excellence award from the National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development. The Starting Out With series includes introductory books covering C++, Java™, Microsoft® Visual Basic®, Microsoft® C#®, Python®, Programming Logic and Design, Alice, and App Inventor, all published by Pearson. More information about all these books can be found at www.pearsonhighered.com/gaddisbooks.