Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
John Ma is a Fellow and Tutor in Ancient History at Corpus Christi College, Oxford. A former Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford, he has taught at Princeton and has held visiting appointments in Paris. He is interested in ancient history, especially Greek, and archaeology.
Table of Contents
List of Figures
List of Plans
Part I Statues and stories
1. Towards a grammar of honours
2. The politics of the accusative
Part II Statues and places
3. Statues in their spaces
4. Statues in their slaces
Part III Statues and families
5. The shape of private monuments
6. Private statues, public spaces
Part IV Statues as images
7. Making an honorific statue
8. Looking at an honorific statu