Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
James Mahoney is Convenor of the Master of Strategic Communication degree, and Lecturer-in-Charge of the Communication Internship program at the University of Canberra. He teaches the final-year units Public Relations Practice and Public Relations Strategy. Jim holds a Master of Arts in Communication (Canberra) and a Bachelor of Arts (ANU). He is a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia and the Institute's Honorary National Secretary. Prior to joining the University of Canberra, Jim had a career as a senior public relations practitioner and manager in private industry, for Federal government agencies, and in the tertiary education sector.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: What this book is about
2. The nature of strategic communication
3. Communication strategy and business planning
Time out: On the importance of theory
4. Elements of a communication strategy
5. Analysing organisational communication needs
6. Why target publics matter
7. Setting the Compass: Communication goals and objectives
Time Out: On intercultural communication
8. Planning effective messages
9. Reaching target publics: The role of communication strategies
10. Tactics: The things we do
Time Out: On applying professional practice skills to strategy
11. Managing a strategic communication plan
12. The Gemini Factor: Evaluating strategic communication projects
13. Strategic communication counselling