Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
James Mahoney is Convenor of the Master of Strategic Communication degree, and Lecturer-in-Charge of the Communication Internship program at the University of Canberra. He teaches the final-year units Public Relations Practice and Public Relations Strategy. Jim holds a Master of Arts in Communication (Canberra) and a Bachelor of Arts (ANU). He is a Fellow of the Public Relations Institute of Australia and the Institute's Honorary National Secretary. Prior to joining the University of Canberra, Jim had a career as a senior public relations practitioner and manager in private industry, for Federal government agencies, and in the tertiary education sector.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction: What this book is about
2. The nature of strategic communication
3. Communication strategy and business planning
Time out: On the importance of theory
4. Elements of a communication strategy
5. Analysing organisational communication needs
6. Why target publics matter
7. Setting the Compass: Communication goals and objectives
Time Out: On intercultural communication
8. Planning effective messages
9. Reaching target publics: The role of communication strategies
10. Tactics: The things we do
Time Out: On applying professional practice skills to strategy
11. Managing a strategic communication plan
12. The Gemini Factor: Evaluating strategic communication projects
13. Strategic communication counselling