Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
-- For graduate and undergraduate courses in compensation, staffing, and human resources.
The art and science of compensation practice.
Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach illustrates the art and science of compensation practice and its role in promoting a company’s competitive advantage.
MyManagementLab for Strategic Compensation is a total learning package. MyManagementLab is an online homework, tutorial, and assessment program that truly engages students in learning. It helps students better prepare for class, quizzes, and exams—resulting in better performance in the course—and provides educators a dynamic set of tools for gauging individual and class progress.
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. Here’s how:
- Improve Results with MyManagementLab: MyManagementLab delivers proven results in helping students succeed and provides engaging experiences that personalize learning.
- A flexible format: Cover topics based on your semester schedule.
- Real-world topics that are relevant to all business majors: Numerous cases and interesting, engaging material will apply and appeal to all business students regardless of their major.
This package contains:
0133457109 / 9780133457100: Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach
0133486680 / 9780133486681: NEW MyManagementLab with Pearson eText Access Card for Strategic Compensation: A Human Resource Management Approach
Table of Contents
Part I: Setting the Stage for Strategic Compensation
Chapter 1: Strategic Compensation
Chapter 2: Contextual Influences on Compensation Practice
Part II: Bases for Pay
Chapter 3: Traditional Bases for Pay
Chapter 4: Incentive Pay
Chapter 5: Person-Focused Pay
Part III: Designing Compensation Systems
Chapter 6: Building Internally Consistent Compensation Systems
Chapter 7: Building Market-Competitive Compensation Systems
Chapter 8: Building Pay Structures that Recognize Employee Contributions
Part IV: Employee Benefits
Chapter 9: Discretionary Benefits
Chapter 10: Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans and Health Insurance Programs
Chapter 11: Legally Required Benefits
Part V: Contemporary Strategic Compensation Challenges
Chapter 12: Compensating Executives
Chapter 13: Compensating the Flexible Workforce
Part VI: Compensation Issues Around the World
Chapter 14: Compensating Expatriates
Chapter 15: Pay and Benefits outside the United States
Chapter 16: Challenges Facing Compensation Professionals