Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The first human resources text tailored to the hospitality industry.
Strategic Hospitality Human Resources Management, 1e is a groundbreaking new textbook exploring human resource management in the unique environment of the hospitality industry. Weber and Dennison provide a solid grounding in human resource functions and examine the skills hospitality managers require to implement an effective human resources program. Chapters illustrate how human resource decisions are key to successful hospitality operations and help future managers form effective human resource strategies. Introductory chapters provide context and background information in the human resources field while subsequent chapters develop specific skills and strategies that can be directly applied in hospitality management.
Teaching and Learning Experience
This program will provide a better teaching and learning experience—for you and your students. It provides:
- Strategies for successful management: Chapters take a strategic approach to human resources management.
- Practice and review tools: Every chapter includes questions and exercises to help students check their learning and truly master chapter topics.
- Effective resources for further learning: Extensive references and resources encourage further exploration of chapter topics.
Table of Contents
Part 1—The Need for Strategic Human Resource Management
Chapter 1 Introduction to Strategic Human Resources in the Hospitality Industry
Part 2—Traditional Hospitality Human Resource Functions
Chapter 2 Laws Affecting Selection in Hospitality Organizations
Chapter 3 Laws Affecting Hospitality Workplaces
Chapter 4 Planning for Staffing
Chapter 5 Selecting Employees
Chapter 6 Training and Development Systems
Chapter 7 Performance Management Systems
Chapter 8 Reward and Compensation Systems
Part 3—Skills Needed to Be a Strategic Partner
Chapter 9 Individual Skills
Chapter 10 Interpersonal Skills
Chapter 11 Organizational Skills
Chapter 12 Continuous Renewal