Strategic Performance Management brings together the fields of strategic management, strategic management accounting and organizational behaviour, to analyse and improve the link between organizational strategy, systems of planning and control, and performance-driven behaviour.
By assessing market conditions and customer expectations, and linking them to a solid operating plan, an organization can focus its resources on activities that produce the greatest return on investment. Strategic Performance Management teaches readers, whether business students or executives, how to avoid errors and counter ineffectiveness; it provides methods and techniques to implement strategic performance management and support organizations in their pursuit of more performance-driven behaviour and better performance.
New to this edition:
- New introductory chapter defining strategic performance management, its processes and its benefits
- Revised chapter considering ICT architecture for strategic performance management systems
- Revised and improved coverage of performance pay, strategic action plans, and barriers for implementing strategic performance management
- Updated and revised case studies
Strategic Performance Management is an ideal text for students on MBA programmes, or covering strategic performance management or management control on specialist postgraduate courses or final year undergraduate modules. It will also appeal to business executives keen to build a more successful, and more profitable, organization.
ANDRE DE WAAL is Associate Professor of Management at Maastricht School of Management and Director of the Center for Organizational Performance. He also lectures in strategic performance management at the Free University of Amsterdam. in addition, he runs a successful consultancy firm specialising in performance management and performance-driven behaviour. André was selected by Managementboek.nl as one of the Dutch Masters of Management - one of the 10 people who have influenced organisational thinking the most in the past decade in the Netherlands.
PART I: INTRODUCING STRATEGIC PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
2. Strategic Performance Management
PART II: THE STRATEGIC PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT CYCLE
Stage 1: Designing a Strategic Management Model
3. Responsibility Structure
4. Scenarios and Strategic Objectives
5. Strategic Action Plans
Stage 2: Designing a Strategic Reporting Model
6. Critical Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators
7. The Balanced Scorecard
8. Exceptions, Actions, and Rolling for ePerformance Management in Developing Countries Casts
9. Performance Management ICT Architecture
Stage 3: Desgning a Performance-driven Behavioural Model
10. Organizational Performance-driven Behaviour
11. Individual Performance-driven Behaviour
12. Strategic Alignment
PART III: IMPLEMENTING STRATEGIC PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT
PART IV: SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS
14. Performance Management in the Public Sector
15. Performance Management in Developing Countries