Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
The 2nd edition of Strategy in Practice presents a practitioner focused approach to strategy. It is increasingly recognised that the ability to adapt classic formulas to changing circumstances and develop fast, sound strategic thinking is what differentiates the successful corporate leader.
Developed from experience in industry this successful text will include an instructor site with PowerPoint slides, extra examples and exercises, and links highlighting changing business practice.
While rigorously founded on current thinking and theoretical concepts in the field of strategic management it aims to:
• provide the strategy practitioner with a systematic and insight-driven approach to strategic thinking
• establish and translate the relevance of strategy theory to its application in the practice field
• lead the reader through the strategic thinking process, beginning with the formulation of compelling and clearly articulated strategic questions that set the scene for practical issues
• provide tools of strategic analysis in combination with informed intuition to understand the strategic landscape.
Table of Contents
Preface to the First Edition
Preface to the Second Edition
1 Introduction to Strategy in Practice and Strategic Thinking
2 Articulating the Strategic Question
3 Sense Making and Strategic Insight
4 Insight-Driven Strategic Analysis
5 Strategic Analysis II: High-level Sense Making
6 Strategic Analysis III: Supporting-level Sense Making
7 Strategy Formation and Evaluation of Strategic Options
8 Insight-Driven Strategy in Perspective
Appendices: Putting Strategy to Practice
Appendix A: Probing the Strategic Boundaries of the Firm’s Unique Competing Space
Appendix B: Strategy Mapping and Narrative (based on Analysis of the Relevant Strategy Building Blocks)