The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Meet the CCSS requirement of increased nonfiction reading in the content areas with these classroom-tested, differentiated lessons that teach students to comprehend complex texts. Learn how to:
• select books and other complex texts that support the curriculum
• craft essential questions that delve into key content
• teach reading strategies targeted for nonfiction texts
• facilitate small-group meetings and whole-group discussions focused on text-specific questions
• model how to support arguments with textual evidence
• incorporate writing to improve comprehension
• design assessments to monitor progress and adjust instruction
Designed for middle school, this rigorous approach to teaching in the content areas develops independence, fosters responsibility, and really builds content-area knowledge. A must-have for the CCSS classroom! For use with Grades 6 & Up.