More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 1st edition with a publication date of 1/6/2013.
What is included with this book?
Stroke is the third most common cause of death after heart disease and cancer in developed countries. Part of the Oxford Neurology Library, this pocketbook highlights the importance of stroke, its diagnosis, the problems of misdiagnosis, and current thoughts on its pathogenesis, acute treatment and rehabilitation as well as prevention. The book will serve as an invaluable quick reference for neurologists, cardiologists, geriatricians, internists, trainees, nurses, allied health professionals, and general practitioners.
Table of Contents
Section I. EPIDEMIOLOGY, PATHOPHYSIOLOGY AND PHENOMENOLOGY
2. Primary prevention
3. Pathophysiology and cellular mechanisms
4. Phenomenology of ischemic stroke
5. Intracerebral haemorrhage
6. Cerebral venous thrombosis and subarachnoid haemorrhage
Section II. DIAGNOSIS AND DIAGNOSTIC INSTRUMENTS
7. Clinical diagnosis
8. Diagnostic instruments
9. Stroke subtype classification
Section III. ACUTE STROKE MANAGEMENT AND TREATMENT
10. Management of acute stroke
11. Specific treatment of ischemic stroke
12. Specific treatment of intracerebral haemorhage
13. Cerebral venous thrombosis and subarachnoid haemorrhage
Section IV. SECONDARY PREVENTION, RECOVERY AND REHABILITATION
14. Secondary prevention
15. Recovery and rehabilitation