Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Structuresby Schodek, Daniel; Bechthold, Martin
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
PART I: INTRODUCTORY CONCEPTS
1. Structures: An Overview
2. Principles of Mechanics
3. Introduction to Structural Analysis and Design
PART II: ANALYSIS AND DESIGN OF STRUCTURAL ELEMENTS
5. Funicular Structures: Cables and Arches
7. Members in Compression: Columns
8. Continuous Structures: Beams
9. Continuous Structures: Rigid Frames
10. Plate and Grid Structures
11. Membrane and Net Structures
12. Shell Structures
PART III: PRINCIPLES OF STRUCTURAL DESIGN
13. Structural Elements and Grids: General Design Strategies
14. Structural Systems: Design for Lateral Loadings
15. Structural Systems: Constructional Approaches
16. Structural Connections
2. Nonconcurrent Force Systems
3. Moments of Distributed Loads
5. Moments of Inertia
6. Bending Stresses in Beams
7. Shearing Stresses in Beams
8. Moment-Curvature Relations
10. Moment-Area Theorems: Slopes and Deflections
11. Other Methods of Analyzing Indeterminate Structures
12. Reinforced-Concrete Beams: Detailed U.S. Design Procedures
13. Critical Buckling Loads for Compression Members
14. Code Compliant Design of Timber Columns
15. Computer-Based Methods of Analysis: Force and Matrix-Displacement Techniques
16. Computer-Based Methods of Analysis: Finite-Element Techniques
17. Typical U.S. Steel Shapes: Properties
18. Typical Material Properties