Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
You have a brief time to make a big impact
As a youth worker, you have the unique opportunity to walk alongside students in their critical adolescent life experiences. These years are some of the most formative in a person’s life. With your help, each teenager can feel believed in, loved, and challenged to be like Christ.
But how do you make that happen? This book shows you where to start.
Within are critical elements—the essentials—to effectively equip you to reach today’s students, including:
Learn from two veteran youth pastors-turned college professors about how to better know your students, understand their culture, and do important ministry.
Table of Contents:
1. A worldview of student ministry...on the macro level
2. The psychology of adolescents; what you need to know about teenagers
3. The role of local church student ministry
4. The role of para-church student ministry
5. FYI: The Biblical Imperative of Teaching
6. Campus ministry, the new mission field
7. Practical discipleship
8. Micro student ministry; the necessity of programming
9. The look of leadership in student ministry
10. The other side of the student ministry equation: parents
11. Inter-Generational Student Ministry
12. Global Student Ministry
13. Outdoor Student Ministry
14. Personal call to ministry