Only one copy
in stock at this price.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment shows how to help clients struggling with addiction by looking through the lens of counseling theory. After tackling basic concepts of substance abuse and dependence counseling, it looks at different counseling theories and how each supports the client with substance abuse issues. Offering more how-to's than most books, the author provides concrete descriptions of counseling theory in action, so readers know how to intervene during a real counseling session. A consistent case study is used throughout the entire book to illustrate different treatment approaches and techniques.
Video-Enhanced Pearson eText. Included in this package is access to the new Video-Enhanced eText for Substance Abuse and Addiction Treatment exclusively from Pearson. The Video-Enhanced Pearson eText is:
- Engaging. Full-color online chapters include dynamic videos that show what course concepts look like in real classrooms, model good teaching practice, and expand upon chapter concepts. Over 18video links, chosen by our authors and other subject-matter experts, are embedded right in context of the content you are reading
- Convenient. Enjoy instant online access from your computer or download the Pearson eText App to read on or offline on your iPad and Android tablets.*
- Interactive. Features include embedded video, note taking and sharing, highlighting and search.
- Affordable. Experience all these advantages of the Video-Enhanced eText along with all the benefits of print for 40% to 50% less than a print bound book.
*The Pearson eText App is available for free on Google Play and in the App Store.* Requires Android OS 3.1 – 4, a 7” or 10” tablet or iPad iOS 5.0 or newer
Table of Contents
Brief Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Introduction
Part I: Basic Concepts of Substance Abuse and Dependence Counseling
Chapter 2: Terms, Models, and Ethical Issues in Substance Abuse and Addiction
Chapter 3: Substance Classifications, Effects, and Associated Dangers
Chapter 4: Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Planning of Substance Abuse
Part II: Theoretical Approaches Supported by Empirical Evidence
Chapter 5: Motivational Interviewing in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 6: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 7: Relapse Prevention in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 8: Applying Group Theory in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 9: Applying Family Systems Approaches in the Treatment of Substance
Abuse and Dependence
Part III: Theoretical Approaches with Less Empirical Support
Chapter 10: Solution-Focused Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 11: Adlerian Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse
Chapter 12: Gestalt Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse and Dependence
Chapter 13: Existential Therapy in the Treatment of Substance Abuse