Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
MARK DeKAY is a registered architect and Associate Professor of architecture at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. He is a Fulbright Scholar, a Climate Reality Leadership Corps member, author of Integral Sustainable Design: Transformative Perspectives and editor of the UT/RedVector.com online Sustainable Design and Green Building continuing education program.
G. Z. BROWN is a registered architect and Professor of Architecture at the University of Oregon. He is director of the UO Energy Studies in Buildings Laboratory (ESBL) in Portland and Eugene and coauthor of InsideOut: Design Procedures for Passive Environmental Technologies and Natural Ventilation in Northwest Buildings.
WHAT'S ON THE DVD
I THE SUSTAINABLE DESIGN NAVIGATOR
• Using the Sustainable Design Navigator an electronic tool for design advice queries
• 28 Analysis Techniques, 8.5 x 11 printable
• 90 Design Strategies, 8.5 x 11 printable
• Indexes, searchable
• Bibliography, searchable
II SUSTAINABLE DESIGN RESOURCES
• Sun Charts and Sundials
• Climate Data and Analyses
• Energy Scheming 3.5 software, demo version
• Additional Resources
WHAT'S IN THE PRINTED BOOK
• Abbreviated Contents for the Printed Book
• Abbreviated Contents for the DVD
• Detailed Contents for the Printed Book
• Detailed Contents for the DVD
• Additional Navigation Methods
IV USING SUN, WIND & LIGHT
• The Energetic Design Process
• Net-Zero Energy and Carbon-Neutral Design
• Selecting Bundles and Making Your Own
• Using the Sustainable Design Navigator
V THE FUNDAMENTAL BUNDLES
VI QUICK DESIGN GUIDELINES
VI TOP 25 DESIGN STRATEGIES