Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
PART I: UNDERSTANDING SUPERVISION AND LEADERSHIP IN A CHANGING WORLD
1. The Supervisor's Role in a Changing World
2. Leading a Diverse Workforce
PART II: SETTING UP THE WORK
3. Solving Problems and Making Decisions
4. Planning and Setting Goals
5. Understanding Budgets and How to Control Work Processes
6. Organizing Jobs and Work
PART IV: GETTING EMPLOYEES STARTED
7. The Supervisor and Equal Employment
8. Interviewing and Screening Employees
9. Orienting and Training Employees
PART V: LEADING AND MOTIVATING EMPLOYEES
10. Using Motivation and Incentives
11. Leading the Team Effort
12. Coaching and Communicating at Work
PART VI: APPRAISING AND SUPERVISING EMPLOYEES
13. Appraising and Managing Performance
14. Supervising Discipline, Ethics, and Fair Treatment at Work
15. Handling Grievances and Labor Relations
16. Supervising Health and Safety at Work