Step-by-step instructions carefully walk you through the most common Swift 2 programming tasks.
Practical, hands-on examples show you how to apply what you learn.
Quizzes and exercises help you test your knowledge and stretch your skills.
Notes and tips point out shortcuts and solutions.
Learn how to...
- Get started with Swift 2.0’s Xcode 7 development environment
- Master Swift’s fundamental data types
- Use operators to change, assign, combine, check, or verify values
- Retain data and preferences in memory with arrays, sets, and dictionaries
- Control program flow, modify execution paths, and iterate code
- Perform complex actions concisely with Swift 2.0’s improved functions
- Work with higher-order functions and closures
- Harness the power of structs, enums, classes, and class inheritance
- Take advantage of Swift’s advanced memory allocation and references
- Use protocols to define behavior and explore Protocol-Oriented Programming
- Add type functionality with extensions
- Smoothly handle errors
- Leverage the power of generics to create flexible and reusable code
- Interoperate with Objective-C code
- Get started with Functional Programming approaches and thinking functionally