The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
The Used, Rental and eBook copies of this book are not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included. This is true even if the title states it includes any access cards, study guides, lab manuals, CDs, etc.
Dynamic, comprehensive coverage makes this the perfect book on systems analysis and design, with a reader-friendly presentation of development, methods, tools, and techniques. A variety of review questions and problems, an ongoing case study, and an Internet-based case study offer learners an understandable and motivating look at the SAD field. For production supervisors and other business personnel in similar positions who want a working knowledge-without the in-depth command-of information systems.
Table of Contents
I. SYSTEMS ANALYSIS FUNDAMENTALS.
1. Assuming the Role of the Systems Analyst. 2. Understanding Organizational Style and its Impact on Information Systems. 3. Determining Feasibility and Managing Analysis and Design Activities.
II. INFORMATION REQUIREMENTS ANALYSIS.
4. Sampling and Investigating Hard Data. 5. Interviewing. 6. Using Questionnaires. 7. Observing Decision-Maker Behavior and Office Environment. 8. Prototyping.
III. THE ANALYSIS PROCESS.
9. Using Data Flow Diagrams. 10. Analyzing Systems Using Data Dictionaries. 11. Describing Process Specifications and Structured Decisions. 12. Analyzing Semistructured Decision Support Systems. 13. Preparing the Systems Proposal. 14. Writing and Presenting the Systems Proposal.
IV. THE ESSENTIALS OF DESIGN.
15. Designing Effective Output. 16. Designing Effective Input. 17. Designing the File or Database. 18. Designing the User Interface. 19. Designing Accurate Data-Entry Procedures.
V. SOFTWARE ENGINEERING AND IMPLEMENTATION.
20. Quality Assurance Through Software Engineering. 21. Successfully Implementing the Information System. 22. Object Oriented Systems Analysis and Design. Index.