Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
1. Walking Whales: An Introduction To Evolution
2. Before and After Darwin: A Brief History of Evolutionary Biology
3. What the Rocks Say: How Geology and Paleontology Reveal the History of Life
4. The Tree of Life: How Biologists Use Phylogeny to Reconstruct the Deep Past
5. Evolution’s Raw Materials
6. The Ways of Change: Drift, and Selection
7. Molecular Evolution: The History in Our Genes
8. Adaptation: The Birth of the New
9. Sex and Family
10. Darwin’s First Question: The Origin of Species
11. Macroevolution: Life Over the Long Run
12. Intimate Partnerships: How Species Adapt to Each Other
13. Minds and Microbes: The Evolution of Behavior
14. A New Kind Of Ape
15. Evolutionary Medicine