More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 2nd edition with a publication date of 9/15/2013.
What is included with this book?
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Second Edition: The Political Economy of Tanzania Revisited
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Nyerere's Tanzania
2. Tanzania and the International Economy
PART II: DEVELOPMENT AND UNDERDEVELOPMENT BEFORE 1900
3. The Interior
4. Zanzibar and the Coast
5. The German Conquest
PART III: THE COLONIAL SYSTEM
6. The German Colony
7. Agricultural Production under the British
8. Agricultural Marketing and Co-Operatives
10. Education and Ideology
11. Indirect Rule
PART IV: THE NATIONALIST TAKE-OVER
12. The Nationalists
13. The Independence 'Struggle'
14. The Peaceful Transition
PART V: THE FRUITS OF INDEPENDENCE
16. The Early Years
17. Agricultural Policy 1961-1967
18. Industry Before the Arusha Declaration
19. The Arusha Declaration
PART VI: HARSH REALITIES
20. Production and Income Distribution
21. Social Class and Social Services
Appendix 1. The University of Dar es Salaam
Appendix 2: Tazara: The Great Uhuru Railway
22. Ujamaa and Villagization
Appendix: The Ruvuma Development Association
23. Parastatals and Workers
Appendix 1: The State Trading Corporation 1967-1972
Appendix 2: The Mwananchi Engineering and Construction Company (Mecco)
24. Development Strategy and Foreign Relations
25. The Tanzanian State