More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
This is the 2nd edition with a publication date of 9/15/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Second Edition: The Political Economy of Tanzania Revisited
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Nyerere's Tanzania
2. Tanzania and the International Economy
PART II: DEVELOPMENT AND UNDERDEVELOPMENT BEFORE 1900
3. The Interior
4. Zanzibar and the Coast
5. The German Conquest
PART III: THE COLONIAL SYSTEM
6. The German Colony
7. Agricultural Production under the British
8. Agricultural Marketing and Co-Operatives
10. Education and Ideology
11. Indirect Rule
PART IV: THE NATIONALIST TAKE-OVER
12. The Nationalists
13. The Independence 'Struggle'
14. The Peaceful Transition
PART V: THE FRUITS OF INDEPENDENCE
16. The Early Years
17. Agricultural Policy 1961-1967
18. Industry Before the Arusha Declaration
19. The Arusha Declaration
PART VI: HARSH REALITIES
20. Production and Income Distribution
21. Social Class and Social Services
Appendix 1. The University of Dar es Salaam
Appendix 2: Tazara: The Great Uhuru Railway
22. Ujamaa and Villagization
Appendix: The Ruvuma Development Association
23. Parastatals and Workers
Appendix 1: The State Trading Corporation 1967-1972
Appendix 2: The Mwananchi Engineering and Construction Company (Mecco)
24. Development Strategy and Foreign Relations
25. The Tanzanian State