Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the 2nd edition with a publication date of 9/15/2013.
What is included with this book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Table of Contents
Introduction to the Second Edition: The Political Economy of Tanzania Revisited
PART I: INTRODUCTION
1. Nyerere's Tanzania
2. Tanzania and the International Economy
PART II: DEVELOPMENT AND UNDERDEVELOPMENT BEFORE 1900
3. The Interior
4. Zanzibar and the Coast
5. The German Conquest
PART III: THE COLONIAL SYSTEM
6. The German Colony
7. Agricultural Production under the British
8. Agricultural Marketing and Co-Operatives
10. Education and Ideology
11. Indirect Rule
PART IV: THE NATIONALIST TAKE-OVER
12. The Nationalists
13. The Independence 'Struggle'
14. The Peaceful Transition
PART V: THE FRUITS OF INDEPENDENCE
16. The Early Years
17. Agricultural Policy 1961-1967
18. Industry Before the Arusha Declaration
19. The Arusha Declaration
PART VI: HARSH REALITIES
20. Production and Income Distribution
21. Social Class and Social Services
Appendix 1. The University of Dar es Salaam
Appendix 2: Tazara: The Great Uhuru Railway
22. Ujamaa and Villagization
Appendix: The Ruvuma Development Association
23. Parastatals and Workers
Appendix 1: The State Trading Corporation 1967-1972
Appendix 2: The Mwananchi Engineering and Construction Company (Mecco)
24. Development Strategy and Foreign Relations
25. The Tanzanian State