Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
ALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are not transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products.
NOTE: This is the standalone book.
Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may not be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase.
Used or rental books
If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code.
Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase.
For junior- to senior-level courses in Physical Education Methods for Secondary schools or Psychology of Coaching.
Teaching cues–short, catchy phrases that call learners’ attention to key components of a skill–are provided for nearly 30 sports and activities in this practical, applied book. Teaching Cues for Sport Skills for Secondary School Students, Sixth Edition is a well-received, hands-on reference for coaches and teachers who aim to teach sport skills effectively and accurately. The emphasis on concise teaching cues helps you remember how to perform specific sport skills and helps you access information quickly from one reliable source. It is designed to supplement or bundle with a primary course text.
Hilda Fronske is an Associate Professor of Physical Education at Utah State University, in
Logan, Utah. She teaches both graduate and undergraduate courses in physical education, motor
learning, and various sport skills and serves as a member for the Physical Education Curriculum
Committee and Graduate Committee for Utah State. Fronske has long-standing affiliations with
the National Association for Physical Education in Higher Education; the American Alliance of
Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD); and the Utah Alliance of
Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance. In addition to writing Teaching Cues for
Sport Skills for Secondary School Students and several journal articles, Fronske has also
Table of Contents
1. Teaching Physical Education Is Fun with the Right Tools
2. The Foundation of Sport Skills
3. Aerobic Kickboxing
9. Cycling–Mountain Biking
10. Cycling–Road Biking
11. Field Hockey
12. Fitness Equipment Workout
13. Floor Hockey
19. Recreational Walking, Running, and Hiking
21. Softball, Fast-Pitch and Slow-Pitch
22. Strength Training with Free Weights
23. Swimming and Water Polo
24. Team Handball and Indoor Hybrid Ball
26. Track and Field Events
27. Ultimate Frisbee
29. The Practice of Yoga