Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Cecil D. Mercer is a retired Distinguished Professor of Education. One of his major works is Students with Learning Disabilities, and he is coauthor of the Strategic Math Series, the Great Leaps K-2 Reading Program, and the Great Leaps Math Program. Cecil has served on the International Dyslexia Association Board of Directors and on the Learning Disabilities Association of America Professional Advisory Board. He was awarded the College of Education Teacher of the Year award three times at the University of Florida and also has received the University of Florida Graduate School Advisor/Mentoring Award as well as the College of Education Lifetime Achievement Award.
Ann R. Mercer is a former educational diagnostician and a former special education teacher of students with emotional disabilities and students with learning problems at both the elementary and secondary levels.
Paige C. Pullen is an associate professor in special education at the University of Virginia. She is coauthor of Exceptional Learners, 11th edition, with Daniel P. Hallahan and James M. Kauffman, and she is coauthor of Students with Learning Disabilities, 7th edition, with Cecil D. Mercer.
Table of Contents
Part 1: Foundations of Teaching
1. Creatiing Responsive Learning Environments
2. Planning and Organizing Instruction
3. Assessing Students for Instruction
4. Teaching Students and Managing Instruction
5. Promoting Social, Emotional, and Behavior Development
Part II: Teaching Academic Skills
6. Assessing and Teaching Language
7. Assessing Reading
8. Teaching Reading
9. Assessing and Teaching Spelling
10. Assessing and Teaching Handwriting and Written Expression
11. Assessing Math
12. Teaching Math
13. Teaching Learning Strategies, Content, and Study Skills
14. Promoting Transitions