Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
David J. Anspaugh is a Professor at Albion College. He has extensive experience serving for various organizations, such as American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (AAHPERD) and various regional branches of the organization. Anspaugh has served as president of the Indiana Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (IAHPERD). He is currently the President-Elect of Midwest District AAHPERD. In 2007 he was selected by the American Association for Health Education as the University Health Educator of the year. He has published several dozen books and journal articles and has won five distinguished teaching awards.
Gene Ezell is a Professor of Health Education at the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga, Tennessee. He also serves as the Departmental Health Education Curriculum Coordinator and is responsible for evaluating revisions to the undergraduate and graduate health education course offerings. He is an active member of AAHPERD and the Tennessee AHPERD. He has written, cowritten, and reviewed several books and journal articles in the field of health education. Ezell is the recipient of several awards, including the United States’ College Health Educator of the Year award (1995).
1. The Need for Health Education
2. The Role of the Teacher in Coordinated School Health Programs
3. Planning for Health Instruction
4. Strategies for Implementing Health Instruction
5. Measurement and Evaluation of Health Education
6. Mental Health and Stress Reduction
7. Strategies for Teaching Mental Health and Stress Reduction
8. Body Systems
9. Personal Health
10. Strategies for Teaching Body Systems and Personal Health
11. Sexuality Education
12. Strategies for Teaching Sexuality Education
13. Substance Use and Abuse
14. Strategies for Teaching About Substance Use and Abuse
15. Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions
16. Strategies for Teaching About Infectious and Noninfectious Conditions
18. Strategies for Teaching Nutrition
19. Injuries: Accident and Violence Prevention
20. Strategies for Teaching About Injuries: Accident and Violence Prevention
21. Consumer Health
22. Strategies for Teaching Consumer Health
23. Aging, Dying, and Death
24. Strategies for Teaching About Aging, Dying, and Death
25. Environmental Health
26. Strategies for Teaching Environmental Health