Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
Table of Contents
1. An Introduction to Technical Communication
2. The Communication Process: Prewriting, Writing, and Rewriting
3. Clarity, Conciseness, Accuracy, and Ethics in Technical Communication
4. Communicating Effectively to Your Audience
5. Research and Documentation
6. Routine Correspondence: Memos, Letters, E-Mail Messages, Instant Messages, and Text Messages
7. Building Online Communities through Blogging, Youtube, Twitter, Facebook, and Virtual World
8. Communicating Effectively to Get a Job
9. Document Design
10. Using Visual Aids in Technical Communication
11. Communicating to Persuade
12. Technical Descriptions and Process Analyses
13. Instructions, User Manuals, and Standard Operating Procedures
14. Online Help and Web Sites
15. Summarizing Technical Communication
16. Short, Informal Reports
17. Long, Formal Reports
19. Oral Communication
APPENDIX A: Grammar, Punctuation, Mechanics, and Spelling
APPENDIX B: Parenthetical Source Citations and Documentation