Usually Ships in 3-5 Business Days
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
This is the DVD edition with a publication date of 5/27/2014.
What is included with this book?
Shanta Gokhale, Well-known writer, translator, literary critic; former Arts Editor, The Times of India
Shanta Gokhale, formerly Arts Editor, The Times of India (Mumbai), is a well-known writer and translator.
Table of Contents
Foreword, Mahesh Elkunchawar
PART ONE: BEGINNINGS
1. The Mumbai Years, Shanta Gokhale
2. Kunti and the Human Voice, Alaknanda Samarth and Veenapani Chawla
PART TWO: THE ADISHAKTI CAMPUS AND TEAM
1. Architecture and Theatre, Veenapani Chawla
2. The Good Earth, Geeta Doctor
3. Home for Theatre, Himanshu Burte
4. The Core Team, hanta Gokhale
5. Come, Work with Me, Sara Joseph
PART THREE: ALL ABOUT SOURCES
1. Conversations with Leela: All About Sources, Leela Gandhi Interviews Veenapani Chawla
PART FOUR: THEORY AND PRACTICE
1. Theatre Research and Laboratory Outside the Urb, Veenapani Chawla
2. Adishakti and its Performance Techniques, Veenapani Chawla
3. Space and the Actor, Veenapani Chawla
PART FIVE: PERFORMANCE TEXTS, REVIEWS, AND INTERVIEWS
1. Impressions of Bhima: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
2. Review: Impressivley Funny, Keval Arora
3. Brhanalla: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
4. Brhannala: Two Liminal Moments, Veenapani Chawla
5. Review: An Alternative to Western Theatre, Clarissa Oon
6. Review: The Power of Image, Maura Nguyen Donohue
7. Ganapati: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
8. Review: Inspired by Tradition, Leela Venkatraman
9. Review: Thoughts on Creativity and Cultural Politics, M.D. Muthukumaraswamy
10. The Hare and the Tortoise: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
11. From Aesop to Hamlet: Interview, Anmol Vellani
PART SIX: WORKSHOPS
1. Hollow as a Drum: Actor Training at Adishakti, Joy Brooke Fairfield
2. Source of Performance Energy, Ram Ganesh Kamatham
PART SEVEN: THE RAMAYANA FESTIVAL
1. The Ramayana from Multiple Perspectives, Devina Dutt
2. The Last Word, Shanta Gokhale
Postscript, Shanta Gokhale
About the Editor and Contributors