More New and Used
from Private Sellers
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
Renting is easy, fast, and cheap! Renting from eCampus.com can save you hundreds of dollars compared to the cost of new or used books each semester. At the end of the semester, simply ship the book back to us with a free UPS shipping label! No need to worry about selling it back.
How do rental returns work?
Returning books is as easy as possible. As your rental due date approaches, we will email you several courtesy reminders. When you are ready to return, you can print a free UPS shipping label from our website at any time. Then, just return the book to your UPS driver or any staffed UPS location. You can even use the same box we shipped it in!
What version or edition is this?
This is the DVD edition with a publication date of 5/27/2014.
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Shanta Gokhale, Well-known writer, translator, literary critic; former Arts Editor, The Times of India
Shanta Gokhale, formerly Arts Editor, The Times of India (Mumbai), is a well-known writer and translator.
Table of Contents
Foreword, Mahesh Elkunchawar
PART ONE: BEGINNINGS
1. The Mumbai Years, Shanta Gokhale
2. Kunti and the Human Voice, Alaknanda Samarth and Veenapani Chawla
PART TWO: THE ADISHAKTI CAMPUS AND TEAM
1. Architecture and Theatre, Veenapani Chawla
2. The Good Earth, Geeta Doctor
3. Home for Theatre, Himanshu Burte
4. The Core Team, hanta Gokhale
5. Come, Work with Me, Sara Joseph
PART THREE: ALL ABOUT SOURCES
1. Conversations with Leela: All About Sources, Leela Gandhi Interviews Veenapani Chawla
PART FOUR: THEORY AND PRACTICE
1. Theatre Research and Laboratory Outside the Urb, Veenapani Chawla
2. Adishakti and its Performance Techniques, Veenapani Chawla
3. Space and the Actor, Veenapani Chawla
PART FIVE: PERFORMANCE TEXTS, REVIEWS, AND INTERVIEWS
1. Impressions of Bhima: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
2. Review: Impressivley Funny, Keval Arora
3. Brhanalla: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
4. Brhannala: Two Liminal Moments, Veenapani Chawla
5. Review: An Alternative to Western Theatre, Clarissa Oon
6. Review: The Power of Image, Maura Nguyen Donohue
7. Ganapati: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
8. Review: Inspired by Tradition, Leela Venkatraman
9. Review: Thoughts on Creativity and Cultural Politics, M.D. Muthukumaraswamy
10. The Hare and the Tortoise: Performance Text, Veenapani Chawla
11. From Aesop to Hamlet: Interview, Anmol Vellani
PART SIX: WORKSHOPS
1. Hollow as a Drum: Actor Training at Adishakti, Joy Brooke Fairfield
2. Source of Performance Energy, Ram Ganesh Kamatham
PART SEVEN: THE RAMAYANA FESTIVAL
1. The Ramayana from Multiple Perspectives, Devina Dutt
2. The Last Word, Shanta Gokhale
Postscript, Shanta Gokhale
About the Editor and Contributors