Unlike earlier editions, this updated Third Edition debuts during a time when even casual searchers can readily find huge amounts of information on the internet with the click of a search button. To remain relevant, this Third Edition goes beyond simply providing an annotated bibliography of peer-reviewed literature by also giving readers an analysis and synthesis of these documents in a clear and compelling organizational structure.
Led by Mary Ann McColl, Mary Law, and Debra Stewart, Theoretical Basis of Occupational Therapy, Third Edition also offers an appendix that catalogs the literature included. In each of the determinants of occupation chapters, the contributors have extracted key themes, followed threads of theoretical development, reflected on external influences of occupational therapy theory, and commented particularly on developments over the last 15 years.
New Features of the Third Edition:
- An updated database of articles
- A look at both determinants and consequences of occupation
- Further development of the three metaphors (the filing cabinet, toolbox, and telescope) that help organize and retrieve occupational therapy theory
- New contributing authors to supplement content
- New sections about the major named occupational therapy models
Theoretical Basis of Occupational Therapy, Third Edition offers a classification system for theory, a digest of new developments in each area of the classification system, and a commentary on theoretical developments across theory areas that advance the knowledge and expertise of the profession as a whole.