Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Theory and Design for Mechanical Measurements, 5th Editionby Richard S. Figliola (Clemson Univ. ); Donald E. Beasley (Clemson Univ. )
step-by-step solutions for this book.
Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
The fifth edition of this market-leading book provides mechanical engineers with the most up-to date coverage of mechanical measurements. Sound theory is highlighted by rich and current practical examples. New chapter-opening learning objectives and outcomes explore the critical concepts that will be discussed. New and revised examples and problems clearly show how the information is applied in the field.
Expanded discussions are included on measurements, equipment, and basic metrology. The DFT concept presentation is now simplified. More pictures have also been added to make the material easier to learn. Mechanical engineers will then better understand the elements for the design of measurement systems and measurement test plans.
The textbook also includes updated coverage on probability and statistics and uncertainty analysis to include new international and US standards on the classification of errors in measurements. Readers can also learn how to utilize software tools with access to LABVIEW files for self-tutorials on critical concepts and MATLAB files for system analysis.
Table of Contents
2. Static and dynamic characteristics of signals 37
3. Measurement system behavior 72
4. Probability and statistics 109
5. Uncertainty analysis 148
6. Analog electrical devices and measurements 191
7. Sampling, digital devices, and data acquisition 235
8. Temperature measurements 282
9. Pressure and velocity measurements 341
10. Flow mesurements 385
11. Strain measurement 425
12. Mechatronics: Sensors, actuators, and controls 460
Appendix A. A guide for technical writing 515
Appendix B. Property data and conversion factors 523
Appendix C. Laplace transform basics 529