Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Brian Davies is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Fordham University, New York, and Honorary Professor at Australian Catholic University.
Table of Contents
1. Setting the Summa Theologiae
2. Sacred Teaching (1a,1)
3. Knowing That God Exists (1a,1,2)
4. The Divine Nature: Part 1 (1a,3-13)
5. The Divine Nature: Part 2 (1a,14-26)
6. The Divine Trinity (1a,27-43)
7. Creation, Good, and Evil (1a,44-49)
8. Angels and the Days of Creation (1a,50-74)
9. Human Beings and Divine Government (1a,75-119)
10. Happiness, Human Action, and Morality (1a2ae,1-21)
11. Emotions (1a2ae,22-48)
12. Dispositions, Virtues, Gifts, Beatitudes and Fruits (1a2ae,49-70)
13. Sin (1a2ae,71-85)
14. Law, Old Law, New Law, and Grace (1a2ae,90-114)
15. Faith, Hope, and Charity (2a2ae,1-46)
16. Prudence, Justice, and Injustice (2a2ae,47-79)
17. Religion and Other Matters to do With Justice (2a2ae,80-122)
18. Courage and Temperance (2a2ae,123-170)
19. Freely Given Graces, Kinds of Life, and States of Life (2a2ae,171-189)
20. God Incarnate (3a,1-26)
21. The Life, Death, Resurrection, and Ascension of Christ (3a,27-59)
22. The Sacraments of the Christian Church (3a,60-90)
Appendix: The Summa Theologiae at a Glance