Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
Tessa Roynon is a Research Fellow at St Peter's College, Oxford. Her research and publications to date have centred on the reception of the classical tradition in American and black diasporic literature, and on Toni Morrison's engagement with early modern English culture. Her publications include African Athena: New Agendas (OUP, 2011), co-edited with Daniel Orrells and Gurminder K. Bhambra. She serves on the advisory board of the International Journal of the Classical Tradition.
Table of Contents
1. Discovery, Conquest, and Settlement
2. The New England Colonies and the Founding of the New Nation
3. Slavery, the Civil War, and Reconstruction
4. In Search of Home: the 1920s -1950s
5. Fighting for Rights: from Emmett Till s Murder to the Ronald Reagan Years
6. America, Africa, and Classical Traditions
Conclusion: Splitting Open the World