Tools and Techniques in Biomolecular Science reviews the theoretical concepts and experimental details underpinning the broad range of modern technologies that are currently being used to advance our understanding of the biomolecular sciences.
Each chapter focuses on the principles, applications, and limitations of a different technology. Fostering active engagement with the techniques presented, each chapter uses worked examples and problems to encourage students to critically appraise scientific data and select the most appropriate methods when designing an experimental strategy to undertake their own research.
* Provides a clear overview of contemporary biomolecular techniques, making it the ideal resource for students and early-stage researchers
* Uses examples throughout to illustrate how each technique is applied, and shows how the data yielded can be analyzed and understood
* Emphasizes the pros and cons of the techniques presented, helping students to evaluate the experimental options at their disposal
* Worked examples encourage students to become confident with data handling--a central part of any experimental research
* A Companion Website provides a range of additional resources