Note: Supplemental materials are not guaranteed with Rental or Used book purchases.
What is included with this book?
Written by a trial lawyer who has had 37 years of practical experience in torts and personal injury law and moving beyond traditional torts textbooks, Tort and Personal Injury Law for the Paralegal covers the topics that help win and lose cases. In addition to the traditional black letter law of torts, the book offers unique chapters on medical and insurance issues–preparing paralegals for the real tasks they are likely to face in today’s workplace. This revolutionary book is filled with authentic legal, medical and insurance documents that allow students to learn how documents are constructed and where to find critical information. End-of-chapter assignments and instructor materials simulate a supervising attorney's work requests and help students build skills and create samples for prospective employers.
1. Introduction to Personal Injury Torts
2. Negligence: Duty and Breach of Duty
3. Negligence: Causation
4. Negligence: Damages
5. Special Duties & Other Negligence Issues
6. Defenses to Negligence
7. Intentional Torts to the Person
8. Torts to Property
9. Strict Liability
10. Products Liability
11. Defamation, Invasion of Privacy and Other Miscellaneous Torts
12. Locating and Obtaining Medical Records: A Gold Mine or a Mine Field
13. Reviewing and Summarizing Medical Records
14. Third-Party Liability Insurance
15. First-Party Insurance Coverage
Appendix 1 - General
Appendix 2 - Medical
Appendix 3 - Insurance