Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
Why should I rent this book?
How do rental returns work?
What version or edition is this?
What is included with this book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Written by a trial lawyer who has had 37 years of practical experience in torts and personal injury law and moving beyond traditional torts textbooks, Tort and Personal Injury Law for the Paralegal covers the topics that help win and lose cases. In addition to the traditional black letter law of torts, the book offers unique chapters on medical and insurance issues–preparing paralegals for the real tasks they are likely to face in today’s workplace. This revolutionary book is filled with authentic legal, medical and insurance documents that allow students to learn how documents are constructed and where to find critical information. End-of-chapter assignments and instructor materials simulate a supervising attorney's work requests and help students build skills and create samples for prospective employers.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Personal Injury Torts
2. Negligence: Duty and Breach of Duty
3. Negligence: Causation
4. Negligence: Damages
5. Special Duties & Other Negligence Issues
6. Defenses to Negligence
7. Intentional Torts to the Person
8. Torts to Property
9. Strict Liability
10. Products Liability
11. Defamation, Invasion of Privacy and Other Miscellaneous Torts
12. Locating and Obtaining Medical Records: A Gold Mine or a Mine Field
13. Reviewing and Summarizing Medical Records
14. Third-Party Liability Insurance
15. First-Party Insurance Coverage
Appendix 1 - General
Appendix 2 - Medical
Appendix 3 - Insurance