Total Fitness and Wellness gives you a solid foundation in fitness & lifetime wellness, while teaching and coaching you how to make healthy behavioral changes and lifestyle choices.
The new edition combines the latest research and statistics in exercise science while coaching you through the best way to put better fitness into action. Unique to Total Fitness and Wellness, a new chapter on planning Fitness & Wellness programs (Chapter 7) guides you on building your complete programs for enhanced fitness & wellness. Furthermore, the coaching features and revised sample programs throughout the text offer you easy-to-follow, strategic guides to reaching all your fitness & wellness goals. QR codes in the book link to actual exercise videos, so you can quickly and easily see proper form and technique videos prior to your own workouts.
For a focused presentation on fitness, the Brief Edition consists of Chapters 1—11 from the big book so students receive the basics on fitness, nutrition, cardiovascular disease, and stress management.
Note: If you are purchasing the standalone text or electronic version, MasteringHealth does not come automatically packaged with the text. To purchase MasteringHealth please visit www.masteringhealthandnutrition.com or you can purchase a package of the physical text + MasteringHealth by searching for 032198272X/ 9780321982728. MasteringHealth is not a self-paced technology and should only be purchased when required by an instructor.
1. Understanding Fitness and Wellness
2. General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
3. Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
4. Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Improving Flexibility
6. Body Composition
7. Creating Your Total Fitness and Wellness Plan
8. Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
9. Exercise, Diet, and Weight Control
10. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
11. Stress Management
12. Exercise: The Environment and Special Populations
13. Preventing Exercise-Related and Unintentional Injuries
15. Sexually Transmitted Infections
16. Addiction and Substance Abuse
The Powers/Dodd, Total Fitness & Wellness, Brief, Fifth Edition, (978-0-321-88366-7 / 0-321-88366-7), includes eleven total chapters consisting of Chapters 1—11 of this Sixth Edition .