Questions About This Book?
- The New copy of this book will include any supplemental materials advertised. Please check the title of the book to determine if it should include any CDs, lab manuals, study guides, etc.
- The Used copy of this book is not guaranteed to inclue any supplemental materials. Typically, only the book itself is included.
- The Rental copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. You may receive a brand new copy, but typically, only the book itself.
Total Fitness and Wellness gives you a solid foundation in fitness & lifetime wellness, while teaching and coaching you how to make healthy behavioral changes and lifestyle choices.
The new edition combines the latest research and statistics in exercise science while coaching you through the best way to put better fitness into action. Unique to Total Fitness and Wellness, a new chapter on planning Fitness & Wellness programs (Chapter 7) guides you on building your complete programs for enhanced fitness & wellness. Furthermore, the coaching features and revised sample programs throughout the text offer you easy-to-follow, strategic guides to reaching all your fitness & wellness goals. QR codes in the book link to actual exercise videos, so you can quickly and easily see proper form and technique videos prior to your own workouts.
For a focused presentation on fitness, the Brief Edition consists of Chapters 1–11 from the big book so students receive the basics on fitness, nutrition, cardiovascular disease, and stress management.
0321886852 / 9780321886859 Total Fitness and Wellness, Brief Edition Plus MyFitnessLab with eText -- Access Card Package
Package consists of
0321883667 / 9780321883667 Total Fitness and Wellness, Brief Edition
0321885600 / 9780321885609 NEW MyFitnessLab with Pearson eText -- ValuePack Access Card -- for Total Fitness & Wellness
Stephen Dodd is a professor in the Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology at the University of Florida. He has been teaching for more than 20 years, and has won numerous awards, including the Teacher of the Year award in 1997. He has won the annual “Instructional Resources Grant” from UF every year since 1991, allowing him to make innovations in use of multimedia in his classroom. He has held numerous chairs in committees at UF.
Erica Jackson is an assistant professor in the Department of Public & Allied Health Sciences at Delaware State University. Erica teaches the fitness and wellness course, in addition to exercise psychology and kinesiology research. Erica is young, energetic, and in touch with her students. She brings both her expertise and first-hand knowledge of the challenges fitness and wellness instructors’ face in the classroom to the text book.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Fitness and Wellness
2. General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
3. Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
4. Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Improving Flexibility
6. Body Composition
7. Creating Your Total Fitness and Wellness Plan
8. Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
9. Exercise, Diet, and Weight Control
10. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
11. Stress Management