Bulk sales, PO's, Marketplace Items, eBooks, Apparel, and DVDs not included.
Questions About This Book?
- The eBook copy of this book is not guaranteed to include any supplemental materials. Typically only the book itself is included.
Stephen Dodd is a professor in the Department of Applied Physiology and Kinesiology at the University of Florida. He has been teaching for more than 20 years, and has won numerous awards, including the Teacher of the Year award in 1997. He has won the annual “Instructional Resources Grant” from UF every year since 1991, allowing him to make innovations in use of multimedia in his classroom. He has held numerous chairs in committees at UF.
Erica Jackson is an assistant professor in the Department of Public & Allied Health Sciences at Delaware State University. Erica teaches the fitness and wellness course, in addition to exercise psychology and kinesiology research. Erica is young, energetic, and in touch with her students. She brings both her expertise and first-hand knowledge of the challenges fitness and wellness instructors’ face in the classroom to the text book.
Table of Contents
1. Understanding Fitness and Wellness
2. General Principles of Exercise for Health and Fitness
3. Cardiorespiratory Endurance: Assessment and Prescription
4. Improving Muscular Strength and Endurance
5. Improving Flexibility
6. Body Composition
7. Creating Your Total Fitness and Wellness Plan
8. Nutrition, Health, and Fitness
9. Exercise, Diet, and Weight Control
10. Preventing Cardiovascular Disease
11. Stress Management
12. Exercise: The Environment and Special Populations
13. Preventing Exercise-Related and Unintentional Injuries
15. Sexually Transmitted Infections
16. Addiction and Substance Abuse
The Powers/Dodd, Total Fitness & Wellness, Brief, Fifth Edition, (978-0-321-88366-7 / 0-321-88366-7), includes eleven total chapters consisting of Chapters 1—11 of this Sixth Edition .